1/20/2013

Too. Much. Stuff.

For the past several weeks, I have been putting everything I own into a half dozen boxes. It started out simple; a few sweaters, some dresses, a bunch of books. And then, things got harder. Did I really need to pack, transport, and store shoes that were out of style? What about an old shelf that I purchased for $20 five years ago? How about that piece of "art" I made in an hour one afternoon that looks like I spilled orange paint on a canvas? The random half-used toiletries? The list goes on and on.

So now I'm standing in my room, surrounded by stuff that isn't quite worthy of going into a box, and isn't quite terrible enough to get tossed to the curb (or Goodwill). It's driving me a bit mad.

I don't ever want to deal with this again.

That's why I pledge to you, O' Internet friends, that:

  • I shall never purchase anything just because it's on sale;
  • I shall not store up half-empty little bottles of shampoo;
  • I shall never purchase any home decor without knowing where I want to put it;
  • In fact, I shall never purchase anything I don't truly want or need;
  • I shall organize my receipts and other paper once per month;
  • I shall donate unused "stuff" every 3 months;
  • I shall never, ever (ever) move again.
Okay, maybe not that last one.

-R


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to follow both of your travels on here! I'm sad that I missed you guys in DC, but I hope you have an incredible time and can't wait to see photos and hear about it!

    ReplyDelete